Sunday, February 14, 2010

Andersson Valley Hop Ottin IPA

Andersson Valley Hop Ottin IPA (Bottle) 7%
This beer was part of the spring news release in the beginning of February 2010.

I tried this beer in february last year at Oliver Twist in Stockholm. It was from tap and I gave it a 3,9/5. This is one of the comments I gave it:
"It also had a taste with allot of grassy hops, citrus and grapefruit, yet the bitterness wasn’t as insane as I expected. Great thirst quencher, very enjoyable beer."

Style: India Pale Ale
Cost: 24,30 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□□■□□□□----□■□□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□□■□□□□----□□□■□□□□

Appearance: 3/5
Clear copper liquid with a medium sized white foam that left chunks of lacing.

Smell: 6/10
Weak smell. Hops, grass and pine needle.

Taste: 7/10
Hops, grass, hint of grapefruit, pine needle, hop resin.

Mouthfeel: 4/5
Mostly smooth but with a slightly harsh finish. Overall nice mouthfeel with a medium bitterness and body.

Comment:
I remember this beer being allot better, I think the hops had gotten a bit tired. I don't know for sure but I read on another blog that it was a year old. Which might be why it has lost some flavour. I don't remember Hop Ottin as being overwhelming but it was stronger then this.

Even though I'm a bit disappointed I have to admit it's still a pretty decent beer. Definitely something I would drink again. Just as with the other beers of this release I think it would be perfect for a sunny day. Just as with most of the beers from this release, feels like Im repeating myself.

Total: 3,3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment