Monday, February 15, 2010

New beers at Systembolaget

There was a news release at Systembolaget today. It's the middle of the month release so only Regeringsgatan in Stockholm, Nordstan in Göteborg and Hansacompagniet in Malmö got bottles. Here is a list of the beer that was released today (Picture was stolen from Gjölens beer blog):

Brew Dog Tactical Nuclear Penguin (33 cl) 32% - 540,00 sek
Brooklyn Black Ops (75 cl) 11% - 230,00 sek
Sierra Nevada Harvest (71 cl) 6,7% - 69,00 sek
Kriek De Ranke (75 cl) 7% - 79,30 sek
Cuvée De Ranke (75 cl) 7% - 79,30 sek

I went to Regeringsgatan a couple of minutes before opening. The reason for being there so early was to try and get my dirty paws on a bottle of Tactical Nuclear Penguin. They only had 24 bottles and I got bottle nr 13 or something. The reason people where queueing for this bottle was that it was the strongest beer in the world (32%) when it was announced and caused quite allot of attention. Since then the German brewer Schorsbräu has made a beer at 40% called Schorschbräu Schorschbock.

I'm also looking forward to trying Black Ops. Which is denied by Brooklyn Brewery but if it where to exist it would be an imperial stout aged on burbon barrels.

I've tried Sierra Nevada Harvest before and enjoyed it, gave it a 3,5/5 with a comment about lots of flowery hops and a high bitterness. It's an IPA brewed with freshly picked hops ("wet hops").

I've only tried one beer from De Ranke before and that is their XX Bitter that was on tap at Akkurrat last summer. The two beers that was released at Systembolaget are ranked as the breweries nr 1 and 2 beer at Ratebeer so it looks like Im in for a treat. Specially since I love kriek.

All in all it looks like another great release at Systembolaget and I will post reviews as I try them out.

4 comments:

  1. I got one of each, except for the Penguin which I've already tried. Looking forward to the Black Ops though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at regeringsgatan as well, nice queue. I only got two black ops but I am now feeling regretful about not getting the Kriek, which fortunately seems to be not very popular as the Cuveé De Rank, which sold out quite quick. Glad I decided on the black ops, since they are almost out of it in Stockholm now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yury: Yeah I look forward to Black Ops as well.

    Alex: I only bought 1 bottle of Black Ops. Feels like Ive spent enough on beer this month. Also need to buy a new keg for homebrewing and some other stuff. Yeah you should definitely go and buy that kriek as well. I havent tried it yet but I just love kriek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TACTICAL NUCLEAR PINGUIN! :D That sounds just awesome!

    Kriek de Ranke is a defenitive buy when I get my salary (if there is any left of it).

    I will look forward to the reviews on these mate :)

    ReplyDelete