Friday, February 12, 2010

Sierra Nevada Celebration

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (33 cl Bottle) 6,8%
This beer was part of the spring news release in the beginning of February 2010. I've rated this before and gave it a 3,4/5.

Style: India Pale Ale
Cost: 26,90 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□□□----□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□□□□----□□□

Appearance: 4/5
Hazy copper liquid, medium dirty white foam, lots of lacing.

Smell: 7/10
Hops, grass, caramel, grapefruit, hay, some sweetness.

Taste: 8/10
Grass, hops, malty, caramel, pine needles, hint of spices. Lasting bitterness.

Mouthfeel: 3/5
Medium smoothness, low carbonation, medium bitterness.

Comment:
A rich beer with piny hoppy flavour with a hint of some spices. Not something I would relate to Christmas beer but I wouldn't mind drinking it during Christmas.

An enjoyable beer, but not extraordinary. Also quite easy to drink. Despite the theme of the beer I think it would be a great match on a hot summer day. Just as with most beers of this release.


Last time I had this I gave it a 3,4/5 and thought it was an above average ale. But I think I enjoyed this one better. Maybe this batch is fresher, either way it felt better and I'm raising my score to:

Total: 3,7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment