Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bring Monks Beer Home

Monk's Café will start selling beers for customers to bring home. Release date is the 25th of february. They currently sell 3 different kinds of beer all with an ABV of 3,3%. Here is a link to the offer. Below is a description of the different beers:

Monks Mandarin Ale
Baby brother to Monk's Orange ale (personal score 3,5/5). Spiced with orange peels. Recomended with food.

Black Isak
Originating from Black Jack (3,8/5) this is a porter with a flavour off coffee and chocolate. Recomended with desserts.

Svea Pale Ale
Originating from Svea IPA (3,8/5, a personal favorite), should have notes of hops, citrus and grapefruit. Recomended with snacks but works on it's own.

You can buy one bottle for 30 sek, or 6 bottles for 150 sek. However they have put a limitation to 6 bottles per person.

I think this is a great initiativ and I'm definitely planning to buy a couple of bottles. Hopefully there are still some left when I get there. I don't expect it to taste as good as the originals but I hope they will wipe the floor with the current selection of low alcohol beer.

4 comments:

  1. Is this even allowed in the monopoly country? Even with such low ABV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. they will start this service the 25th of feb at 16.00! //Nisse666

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yury: Yeah I think so, think there are other breweries that do something similar. Like Dugges.

    Nisse666: Aha, didn't see that in the new letter will check up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nisse666 is correct I completely missed the date in the mail I got. thanks for the correction I will update my post.

    ReplyDelete