Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dugges Spring Beer

Dugges Spring Beer (50 cl Bottle) 4,7%
This beer was released at Systembolaget in the beginning of february. I heard this is their Lager nr 1 but I tried it at SMÖF 2009 and it didn't taste anything like this. So I'm think this a completely new beer.

Style: Premium Lager
Cost: 23,90 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□----□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□□----□□

Appearance: 4/5
Hazy honey-golden liquid with a big white foam that slowly disappeared and left lots of lacing.

Smell: 5/10
Hops, grass, earth, earth cellar. Not very strong smell but definitely noticeable.

Taste: 3/10
Flat taste. Hint of hops, some sugar, wet paper and most dominant earth. It tasted like an old murky earth cellar.

Mouthfeel: 3/5
Low carbonation. Smooth and easy to drink.

Comment:
I'm a bit dissapointed, which I rarely am with Dugges beer. First of all it didn't taste like a premium lager (not sure if that is a bad thing though). It tasted more like an english bitter or similar type, but with an odd funky earth flavour. I also missed hops and that malty bread flavour.

However on the bright side it was easy to drink and I reckon it could work on a hot summer day. Maybe also with some regular home cooked food.

Total: 2,3/5

4 comments:

  1. "No 1 Lager" is indeed another beer that will be sold at Systembolaget at the end of March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation bark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you missed out a headline for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah thanks Yury, I blame preassure-wrong-Nisse ;) hehe

    ReplyDelete