Monday, February 22, 2010

Leo Beer

Leo Beer (33 cl bottle) 5%
The first time I had this beer was in Thailand in 2005. Me and Karin where at Koh Pang Ngang for the full moon party. Now Galatea has managed to get Leo Beer into Systembolagets ordering supply. Restaurants can already buy it but it will be released for regular customers on the 1st of April.

Article nr. 89989-03 (33 cl) and 89991-01 (66 cl)
Style: Pale Lager
Cost: 13,50 SEK (63 cl costs 24,90 sek)

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□□----□■□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□----■□□□□

Appearance: 1/5
Clear pale yellow liquid with a medium sized white foam. It disappeared fast and left a clear liquid and some lacing. I managed to screw up the picture so the foam had already receded when I took the picture.

Smell: 3/10
Weak smell of white bread and some sweet malt. Typical lager smell.

Taste: 3/10
Weak taste of white bread, rice, some malt, some sweetness. No hops, but also no bad tastes.

Mouthfeel: 2/5
Smooth with a medium-low carbonation that didn't feel to harsh. Very low bitterness and a very light body.

Comment:
This was an easy to drink lager, with a very mild taste and smell. Not very exciting but I also couldn't find any off flavours that I usually do in these kinds of beers.

It probably works great on a hot sunny beach or with some spicy Asian food. Well any spicy food really.

This isn't very exciting for a beer geek, but if you want to bring back memories of sunny beaches and full moon parties or want a substitute for your Singha this is the beer for you.

Total: 1,4/5

Lets finish this review with a picture of me drinking the beer in Thailand:


5 comments:

  1. Thats an ok beer when in Thailand. I guess you have tried Singha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Ive tried it many times. But never actually rated it. Have to get to that some day.

    I mostly drank Chang when I was in Thailand and Beerlao in Cambodia. Actually remember thinking Beerlao was pretty good. Did you try thoose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried Chang a couple of times but never Beerlao. I would like to visit Laos someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wash your glass before you drink beer in it, milkman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gyllenbock: Yeah I missed out on Laos. We where going to travel from Cambodia through Vietnam, then Laos and back to Thailand. But a storm hit and killed a bunch of people in Vietnam so we decided to turn back. Considering the horrible trip we had when we got into Cambodia.

    Anonymous: I used a clean glass and I don't drink milk. Not sure what you are talking about...

    ReplyDelete