Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthday dinner

When I got home last night I was greeted with a birthday dinner. A pork tenderloin stew with chantarelles and mushrooms served with potatoes and fresh salad.

To drink I treated myself to a bottle of Hopslam. A fantastic DIPA that is ranked as 4th in the style. I had it for the first time last year and awarded it: "Beer of the year". I traded the beer with Baggen from Beerwell. He got two bottles of Death By Hops 3 and I got a bottle of Hopslam. I think we where both very happy with the trade. I hope he enjoys DBH3 :)



Tonight we are going to Fräcka Halvpannan, a restaurant on the south side of Stockholm that has a nice selection of beers at a very reasonable price. For example you can get a Stone Ruination for 69 SEK per bottle. Which is an amazing deal, I think OT charges 120 SEK. I haven't been there before but will post something tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I decided to have a "white" week so won't try it until next weekend but i am seriously curious about it since i liked dbh2 alot. I think sometimes i enjoy trying homebrewed beers more than commercial ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!

    Fräcka Halvpannan is a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baggen: Hehe yeah I tend to like homebrews allot as well. There is a certain charm to it :)

    Johan: I skipped Bishops yesterday. But it would have been fun to meet up.

    Hirigalzkar: Thanks :) And yes it was really nice.

    ReplyDelete