Friday, April 2, 2010

Nynäshamn Bötet Barley Wine


Nynäshamn Bötet Barley Wine (25 cl bottle) 9,1%
This beer was released as a temporary addition at Systembolaget in the beginning of Marsch. There are still plenty of bottles left for those that want to buy a couple of bottles.

Style: Barley Wine
Cost: 33,50 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□□■□□□□----□□□■□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□□□□■□□----□□□□□□■□

Appearance: 4/5
Dark, slightly hazy, amber liquid with a small dirty white foam.

Smell: 8/10
Strong smell of wood, malt, caramell and also wineous almost like porter. Some alcohol as well.

Taste: 8/10
Sweet with allot of malt, sugar, hops, fruits and wine.

Mouthfeel: 5/5
Puckering mouthfeel, thick body and medium smooth puckering mouthfeel. It put a smile on my face.
Comment:
A very nice Barley Wine that reminds me a bit of Bigfoot Barley wine although with less hops and lighter body. It might have been a bit to sweet though, but it might improve over time. I'm going to buy another bottle and store for at least a year to see what I think.

Something worth mentioning is the 25 cl bottle that just feels perfect for this kind of beer. I wouldn't mind similar bottles in the future.

Last time I rated this I gave it a 3,6/5, but that was on tap and a couple of years back. So this time I gave it a slightly higher score:

Total: 4,1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment