Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chateu Grand Cru 2010 - Part 2

I visited this festival in 2008 as well. Compared to 2008 it there where more cheese oriented booths this year. It felt like there where allot more food in general. I was also under the impression that there was a higher number of expensive wines in 2008. But we might just not have been offered them. Who would serve nice wine to a bunch of trashy beer geeks anyway?
This years festival was more cramped than last time and eventually me and Per got tired of both the crowd and the wine and decided to go for a beer. So we walked across the bridge to Bishops Arms. It didn't take us long to have 5-6 bottles of beer lined up in front of us. We focused mainly on hopped up IPAs and DIPAs, but a couple of other beers managed to mix in with the crowd.
BrewDog Hardcore IPA was the one that stood out the most. Would love to try it again when I don't have countless of wine samples in my belly. We also had Avery IPA and BrewDog 5am Saint. Tractor-Kalle decided to try a bottle of De Molen Hel & Verdoemenis and I wasn't late to sneak a small sample out of the bottle. I finished the set with a bottle of Mikkeller Black. Which definitely was the biggest mistake of the evening. Even though it was expensive I probably should have left the 17,5% beer in it's glass as I had to rush off to the bus.

6 comments:

  1. Talk about a spectacular finish to the evening. Did you like Mikkeller Black?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried it before and loved it. So I will catalogue this as a drunken misstake ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a very happy birthday to ya, you Swedish bastard ;) Hope you have a good one mate :D Love and spoons from Norway :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Clock! :D How the hell do you remember stuff like this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep records of people's birthdays in a highly secured vault :P

    Actually it's a litany of different sources, like my mobile phone, facebook, various .txt-documents residing on my desktop, stuff like that. I usually happen over the right source (except for the phone which alerts me ofc) at just about the right time - lucky me ^^

    Oh, and I just thought that it might have been a rhetorical question, but I went ahead and took it seriously :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I was actually interested. Hmm maybe I should write stuff like this down as well. I usually just find out about stuff like this from someone else. ;)

    ReplyDelete