Monday, April 5, 2010

TT normal vs TT ecological

Carlsberg recently released an ecological version of their normal Three Towns beer called TT Green Lager. Since doing a normal review of the beer would feel a bit boring I figured I should try their normal against their new ecological version.


Appearance

They had the same watery yellow colour and big white foam. Only difference was that the normal looked to have a higher carbonation with more bubbles.


Smell
Both had the usual lager smell of sweet bread and metal, but the ecological had a slightly stronger smell.

Taste
Same here, very similar taste, just like a regular pale lager. Only difference is that the normal version had a bit more flavour and was a bit "rounder".

Mouthfeel

Both had a semi-smooth mouthfeel with a light body and medium carbonation. Normal was just slightly smoother.


Total

As expected the two where very similar to each other. There are just marginal differences that are hard to distinguish if you aren't actively looking for them. I didn't exactly like any of them, but I think the normal version has a slight edge on the ecological. It had a slightly better taste and mouthfeel.

Normal TT wins over Eco TT.

3 comments:

  1. Now these kinda tests I can relate to (probably mostly since it's CB :P), but I like the 'versus' style of it ^^ Hope you had a good Easter with plenty of beer - though I guess you did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A clever idea to test those beers side by side, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I will try and do some similar tests in the future.

    My Easter wasn't very exciting. Had a couple of beers but only some of them will make it onto the blog. Next up will be Belgian Blizzard which is a Rochefort 10 clone that my father and his friends brewed.

    ReplyDelete