Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Swedish Championship in Homemade Beer 2010 - Part 1

Despite staying up late on friday I woke up early feeling very energetic. I had a good feeling about the day and wanted to get to the SC right away. But I knew it wouldn't be open until 10:00 so I settled down and tried to relax. Which didn't work so well so I headed of to the festival.

On the way there I did some "touristing" with the trams, taking in the beautiful scenery.... ok I admit it I managed to jump on the correct line but going the wrong way. I eventually ended up showing up 15 minutes late. So much for my plan to be there early. Well my father was worse and showed up just before it started. Someone remind me to pull his ear for that one ;)

When I got there Chrille and Erika where already hard at work setting up the cooler and taps. I brought the kegs out and started working on the decorations. Yes, you heard it right, I got put on the decorating job. But I'm actually quite satisfied with what I could accomplish (which was basically just putting stuff out on the table).
Below is a picture of the non-finished booth.
Me and Erika started off in the booth and where prepared to take on the happy beer drinkers.

Since I was waiting for my father I took the time to walk around and check all the other booths out. I fairly quickly ran into the gang from Hembryggarbloggen, a bunch of happy and friendly guys and gals. I got some high quality homebrews and I have to complement them on their nice logo.

I also walked by the sticker competition. The quality of the stickers keep getting better and better each year. Most of them are much nicer then the commercial stickers. Below you can see the three stickers that Chrille made, number 7-9.

I spent most of the festival in my own both so I sadly didn't try that many beers. However people kept showing up and giving me samples of beer so I was quite satisfied with that. Christer (from Överjäst) even showed up with a couple of beers that I tried. Specially Fett Brett was really nice.

I realised this post got quite long so I turned into two parts as I usually do. Part 2 will include the winners of this years SC and some other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment