Monday, April 12, 2010

Chateu Grand Cru 2010 - Part 1



I'm finally starting to feel human again. It was a fun but rough weekend with lots of nice beer and wine. Despite the name the first thing I encountered at the wine and cheese festival was actually a beer. It was a hotel in Dalarna that had brewed their own beer through Grebbestads. A decent lager with some fruity notes, actually got some cloud berry feeling from it. Might just be my expectations playing tricks on me.

I then went for a walk and checked the festival out. The scenery is perfect and brings a fantastic atmosphere, but it almost gets hidden behind all the commercial from the booths. I walked around a bit with my beer and took in the sights. Rumor has it the festival will move to Conventum in the future, I really hope they keep it at the castle as it is a defining part of the festival. It's cramped and probably not very economical, but it makes the festival stand out amongst the rest.

After finishing off my beer I went to a random booth and got offered a small sample of sparkled wine. I asked if they had anything fun and special and ended up with almost a full glass of some limited edition wine. To be honest I prefer small samples at these things and the wine didn't feel that "limited" in my newbie wine mouth.

It didn't take long before I ran into my parents and their friends. They where doing an Italian red wine tasting and I tagged along. We also did a tasting at Torres before Per showed up an hour after we entered the festival.
Me and Per then teamed up to try some more wine. We tried to combine some wine and cheese and did small tastings at every booth we visited. Mostly strong and rough red wines, but we also tried white, rosé, sparkled, beer and cider. The supply of the last two where far from great but it was nice to mix it up a bit. Specially having a dry cider after all that red wine was great.

I will continue part 2 with some expressions from the festival and what happened afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment