Monday, April 26, 2010

Friday night in Gothenburg

After an unusually long drive to Gothenbourg we finally reached out destination after 8,5 hours of driving. The reason it took so long was that we switched cars in Uppsala, picked up a friend at Arlanda and got the kegs of beer in Örebro. But trust me, it was worth the long trip.

As soon as we got into Olles (friend of Per's that let us stay in his apartment for the weekend) the other guys where very quick to open the first beer of the evening. I however had to wait until I could go to the SC and deliver the kegs of beer.


When I got back from the slightly scary and confusing drive through central Gothenburg I was immediately served a glass of Death By Hops 3 (DBH). But I surprised the others by pulling out a bottle of DBH2. After drinking our beer we headed of to meet a bunch of friends that had come to Gothenburg to visit the SC and basically have a good time. We found them at Victoria which just didn't feel like a very interesting place to be. So I managed to chase them out of there and we headed of to Tre Små Rum.

I've heard allot of good things about this pub and Reza Ganon recently got a golden pin from the Beer Consumers Association. That is as good a sign for quality as you can get.

It took a few seconds after entering to realise that we had come to the right place (well most of us at least). I started out with a Närke Örebro Bitter Peated Viking. Which is a smoked version of their Örebro Bitter. I liked it, but I think I prefer their normal version.

Another beer that stood out was Duggest Bitter Sweet Dream. Great beer that I hope to try again so I can give it a proper rating.

I think Reza got a bit tired of my friends that had drank quite allot during the day, but thankfully for him some of them headed of to a club fairly soon. Me and some other beer lovers stuck around until the pub closed.

Jonny in the background (turned 30 on the day of the SC). Dave "the Bushman" and Mark "the Reverend" came over from England to drink some beer.

My brother, Per and Olle.

When we where about to leave we ran into a couple of beer blogers that had been sitting in the other room the whole time. First up a picture of me and the guys from Schnille och Schmak, Daniel och Ralph.

But also Christer from Överjäst and Weine from Casa Beer Blog. I hope I run into all of these guys again in the near future.

We decided to head of to Bishops Arms Avenyn together to grab another beer. They didn't have allot of interesting beer and the things that seemed interesting where fairly expensive. I did find Angel's Share #5 Korre Ale, which I went for. Decent beer that didn't quite stand out. But to be fair it was 02:00 and I didn't really give it a serious thought.

Christer shared a very nice beer, Mikkeller 10, with the rest of us before we decided to call it a night. Thanks for that one Christer.


I will post about the SC tomorrow. It was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment