Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oz and James Drink to Brittain

Rekan wrote about an english show, which got my interest up. It’s about two blokes travelling around England trying to find the drink that represents modern Brittain. Oz Clarke is a wine enthusiast and James May is more of an “I want a pint”-guy, who doesn’t want to complicate things. Both of them are probably famous in England, but I’ve never heard of them.

They take a caravan across Brittain. Trying whisky in Scottland, stout in Ireland, perry on the border to Wales and so on. They also make their own beer and have it judged at a beer festival, visit a wide range of breweries and drive a race car on alcohol.

The series has gotten some critique from beer enthusiasts in England. Personally I liked the series. It’s not a beer geeks wet dream but it was entertaining. If I got any critique it would be that they don’t go into any depth on some interesting beers. An example is when they try Samuel Adams Utopias and the only thing they say is: “It’s the strongest beer in the world” and then they make fun of the flask. Would have been interesting to know more about the beer. They also tried allot of non-english drinks which doesn’t fit with the goal of the show. But the last thing doesn’t really matter to me. I recommend everybody to watch it and make their own opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment