Friday, March 26, 2010

Mariestads Påskbryggd

Mariestads Påskbryggd (50 cl bottle) 5,8%
This is the last Easter beer that I had to review, I'll post a summary tomorrow.

Style:
Vienna
Cost: 17,50 SEK


Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□■□□□□□□----□■□□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□■□□□□□□----□□■□□□□□

Appearance: 3/5
Clear amber liquid with a dirty white foam.

Smell: 4/10

Sweet and weak smell of caramel and bread.

Taste: 4/10
A synthetic taste of caramel and bread.

Mouthfeel: 2/5

Stingy mouthfeel with a medium-thin body, medium carbonation and a warm alcoholic finish.

Comment:
I didn't like this beer very much, it tasted to synthetic. Almost like it was made from chemicals rather then proper ingredients like malt and hops. I actually ended up poring it out in the end. It need some more body, more malt to carry the little sweetness there is and also a dash of hops to bring some bitterness. Feels like it's lacking all over.

I think these beer needs company to be able to work. Any kind of food should work, but don't expect a Hallelujah moment.

Total: 2/5

I might be a bit cranky with the score now, but I'm starting to get tired of the Easter beer. Tonight I'm going to drink something a bit more exciting. Founders Breakfast Stout maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment