Monday, March 22, 2010

Sigtuna Röd Påsk

Sigtuna Röd Påsk (50 cl bottle) 6,2%
This is another Easter beer that was released at Systembolaget on the 1st of March. The translation of Röd Påsk is Red Easter.

It's described as a hoppy american style red ale brewed with Centennial and Amarillo

I've now tried 3 of the Easter beer and hope to be done with my tasting before the holiday.

Style: Amber Ale
Cost: 27,90 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□□■□□□□□----□■□□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□■□□□□□----□□■□□□□□

Appearance: 4/5
It had a clear amber liquid with a fluffy dirty beige head that left allot of foam on the side of the glass.

Smell: 6/10

Grassy hops, citrus, malt and some fruitiness. Do I smell oranges?

Taste: 6/10
Grassy hops, malt, some fruits and flowers and that orange flavour is there again. Some spiciness but not enough to say what it is.

Mouthfeel: 3/5

Medium smooth with a bit of sting to it. Medium body.

Comment:

Even though the description says American style ale my first thought was British. It's moderately hopped with a fruity and flowery flavour. But not fruity like many American hops, more like some of the British hops.

Anyway, leaving that subject. I think this is a drinkable ale but it feels like it's missing something, the flavours aren't really mixing as well as I would have liked. There is some spices here but not sure if it's from hops, yeast or malt or if it's actually added spices. Either way it's not distinct enough so that I can put my finger on it. But that's not a complaint as I like beers like that, a bit mysterious.

Now to the question of what to eat with this. I reckon it's intended for the Easter feast but I can't say for sure if it would work. Will have to try during Easter holiday.


Total: 3,1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment