Saturday, March 13, 2010

Oceanbryggeriet Eko Pale Ale

Oceanbryggeriet Eko Pale Ale (50 cl) 4,5%
This beer was released at Systembolaget on the 1st of March and should still be available at many stores. I tried it on tap a while back and gave it a 3,1/5. But I wanted to give it a second chance and a more serious review.

Style: English Pale Ale
Cost: 28,40 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□■□□□□□□----□□■□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□■□□□□□----□□□□□■□□

Appearance: 4/5
It poured a very dark amber liquid with a small dirty white foam.

Smell: 7/10

It had a fairly sweet smell of malt, caramell and fudge.


Taste: 7/10

Caramell, malt, flowery, sweet, grass and some fudge.

Mouthfeel: 5/5

Smooth and creamy with a thick body and little to no carbonation.

Comment:
This was a very typical English ale. Not very intense but well balanced, enjoyable and very easy to drink. I could definitely imagine having a few pints of this and the low alcohol would allow me to do it without walking on my noose afterwards.

This beer should work well with most kinds of food. Maybe a shepherds pie or some fish and chips to make it even more British.

Looking at my old notes I see that I had a different experience of this beer on tap. It was more grassy, funky and a bit smoky. I actually liked it better on bottle and raising the score from 3,1 to....

Total: 3,7/5

No comments:

Post a Comment