Friday, March 26, 2010

New beer from Närke


Just got an email from Närke Kulturbryggeri. They have brewed a new beer together with Menno Olivier from De Molen. It's a Belgian double brewed with Finish smoked malt, Swedish juniper and Chinese tangerine peels, which they named Närke Double Dutch Viking (6,8%).

As far as I know this is the first Belgian styled beer that Närke makes. Also think this is the first time they do a coop brew. So I'm pretty interested in trying this beer out, considering I usually love both De Molens and Närkes beers this could be really good.

Below is a list of breweries that will get it soon or already have it:

ÖREBRO
Bishop's Arms (Drottninggatan 1)

LINKÖPING
De Klomp (S:t Larsgatan 13)

GÖTEBORG
Ölrepubliken (Kronhusgatan 2B)

STOCKHOLM
Akkurat (Hornsgatan 18)
Hörnans Kök & Belgo Bar (Bryggargatan 12, Stockholm)

4 comments:

  1. Damn, that sounds interesting!

    (And weird?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely interesting and I agree that the combo sounds weird. But if you put De Molen and Närke together it feels right. Feels like Närke uses both the Finnish smoked malts and juniper fairly often. And I guess the yeast and tangerine peels is De Molens side of the brew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, of course. I hope I will be able to try it someday. Two really good brewers so it feels they got a lot of potential..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. Btw I got a sticker from HG that I put in the above post.

    ReplyDelete