Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monks Café Broke Weg W.B.

A couple of days ago I passed by Monks Café on Sveavägen and saw that they had a couple of new beers I hadn't tried. So I ordered their rack of 5 samples. The only beer I won't review is the second from the right which is Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine. A great beer but I have recently reviewed it on the blog.

I will start by reviewing this beer:

Monks Café Broke Weg W.B. (10 cl sample) 6,5%
I don't have allot of information about this beer. It was brewed with pale, pale chocolate, wheat and roasted barley malt. Tettnanger, Saaz and Cascade where used as hops and Weihestephaner yeast.

Style: Weizen Bock
Cost: 25 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
■□□□□□□□----□□■□□□□□-----■□□□□□□□---□□■□□□□□----□□□□■□□□

Appearance: 3/5
It poured a hazy dark golden liquid with a small dirty white foam.

Smell: 6/10

Banana, fruit candy and butter.

Taste: 5/10
Lots of butter (diacetyl), but also some bananas and fruit candy.

Mouthfeel: 5/5

Smooth mouthfeel with a medium body and carbonation.

Comment:
Decent weizen bock but I think it had way to much butter. Not sure if it was intentional or if the beer has gone bad in any way. The mouth feel was pretty nice though and it was drinkable, it was just the butter that drew down the points a bit.

Total: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment