Friday, March 12, 2010

Dugges Spring Beer is actually pretty good

I just opened a bottle of Dugges Spring Beer. I reviewed it a couple of weeks ago and didn't like it at all. Lots of earth, dirt and funky earth cellar flavours. I figured it must have gone bad and noticed that several other bloggers had a completely different experience. So I decided to give it another try and bought a new bottle when they restocked at Regeringsgatan. This time it was allot better. Very fresh with citrus some hops and a nicely balanced maltyness. It still doesn't taste like a lager, but if this is categorized in the lager category it's one of the best in the style.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. My sample one month ago was dominated by a taste of wet paper and a really unbalanced overall feeling. Need to try another bottle then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for statistics and proper scientific research ^^ Gawd, it's been a while since I've commented here. Hope yer doing well, mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mattias: Yeah I had the wet paper taste as well. Definitely worth trying again.

    Clock: Nice to see you pop in :) Im doing great. How about you? School killing you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yarr, it's quite hectic. Plenty of stuff to do, but it's good fun to get stuff done too ^^ The only shame is I can't afford to do practically anything, bringing my gaming to a halt for the moment.

    Not to mention my _very_ sporadic beer-drinking. I'm pretty much the exact opposite of an alcoholic *sigh* :P

    But ye, overall it's good fun. Glad I once learned how to put up a viable budget ^^

    ReplyDelete