Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Monks Café Black Lucia

Monks Café Black Lucia (10 cl sample) 4,5%
This is another sample I tried at Monks Café last week.

Style: Stout
Cost: 25 SEK


Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
■□□□□□□□----□■□□□□□□-----□■□□□□□□---□□□□■□□□----□□■□□□□□

Appearance: 4/5
It poured a pitch black liquid with a small light brown foam that left some lacing.

Smell: 3/10

A smell of gunpowder attacked me when I smelled this beer. I think noticed some smoke and coal.
Taste: 6/10
Dark bread, smoke, nuts and pumpernickel.

Mouthfeel: 3/5

Smooth with a light body and low carbonation.

Comment:
A very odd beer. I didn't like the smell at all, it must have gone bad. The taste was ok but the smell ruined it. I wouldn't drink this beer again if given the choice.

Total: 2,3/5

1 comment:

  1. Drack denna för någon månad sedan, håller med under alla punkter. Det värsta var att jag fick denna som kompensation då de inte dragit SÖ-rabatten...

    ReplyDelete