Thursday, March 4, 2010

New beers at Systembolaget - March

I didn't miss this release but didn't want to publish the list at the same time as the swedish micro brewery statistics. These beers where released in about 30 Systembolaget stores on the first of March:

Oceanbryggeriet Eko Pale Ale (50 cl) 28,40 SEK, 4,5%
I've tried Oceanbryggeriets Eko Pale Ale before and gave it a 3,1/5. However last time was on tap and I will give it a more serious review this time.

Mohawk Rye IPA (50 cl) 35,80 SEK, 7,5%
Mohawk Rye IPA is a result of a cooperation between Stefan Gustavsson at Wicked Wine and Slottskällans Bryggeri. It's going to be interesting as Ive never tried an IPA brewed with Rye.

Ichtegems Grand Cru (75 cl) 59,50 SEK, 6,5%
I've tried Ichtegems Grand Cru before and gave it a 3,9/5 with positive remarks so I look forward to trying it again.

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (35,5 cl) 19,90 SEK, 10.6%
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout makes a comeback and I don't think Im the only one that is happy with that. I've tried it several times before and gave it a 3,9/5 last time.

Brewdog Stone Bashah (33 cl) 38,40 SEK, 8,6%
This is a black Belgian Style Double India Pale Ale, brewed at BrewDog together with Stone. Sounds insane and I can't wait to try it.

Nyäshamn Bötet Barley Wine (25 cl) 33,50 SEK, 9,1%
Last time I tried this I gave it a 3,6/5. I remember it as an English style Barley Wine, compare to the more hopped up American versions. Score seems a bit low but we'll see what I think the second time around.

Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock (33 cl) 31,90 SEK, 12%
Schneider claims this is the most complex and intense weiss-bier in the world. Well lets wait and see how it is, sounds very interesting though.

I bought a bottle of each and also an extra bottle of the Chocolate Stout, Bashah and Barley Wine. Some of the beer blogers have already started rating these beers but I'll wait until the weekend to start. However first I want to rate the two beers I have left from the February release and post a summary.

2 comments:

  1. Helt otroligt att Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout kostar under 20 lappen. Har köpt på mig 12st hittills men det blir nog en vända till för fler. I USA kostar den cirka 2$ så ungefär en femkronas påslag är ju rätt bra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja det är sjukt bra pris faktiskt. Borde nog springa och köpa några extra flaskor.

    ReplyDelete