Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Slottskällans Blåkulla

Slottskällans Blåkulla (33 cl bottle) 10%
This is another Easter beer that was released at Systembolaget on the 15th of March. As far as I know it's the only ecological beer in this release.

I tried this last Easter and gave it a 2,3/5, it was tested during the Easter dinner and I shared the bottle with my grandfather, father and brother. This is the comment I wrote:

"
Had a medium bitter taste with hints of bread, caramel, metal and some sweetness. Easier to drink compared to the other Swedish Easter beers and enjoyed by the others around the table. "

Style: Dunkel
Cost: 24,80 SEK

Bitterness------Sweetness-----Sourness-----Intensity-------Body
□■□□□□□□----□□■□□□□□-----■□□□□□□---□■□□□□□□----□□■□□□□□

Appearance: 3/5
Clear amber liquid with a medium sized light beige head that left an even layer of foam on the side of the glass.

Smell: 6/10

Mild smell of malt, the kind of smell you get when smelling a bag of freshly grinded malt. Also some metal.

Taste: 6/10
Same as the smell. Malt bag, some metal and sweetness.

Mouthfeel: 4/5

Smooth mouthfeel with a thin-medium body and a low carbonation.

Comment:
It had a very distinct flavour that I relate to smelling a bag of malt. Something I love, but it lacked something to balance it with. It didn't have a much of any hops and the body was a bit to light to carry the heavy malty flavour.

I think this might work well with the Easter food though, there isn't an intense bitterness in the way of the fat and salty food and the beer might improve with some company. At least that's what I remember from last year.


Total: 2,9/5

No comments:

Post a Comment