Monday, March 15, 2010

Middle of the month release and Easter beer

Update: I added pictures of all the beer I bought today. Unfortunately not in order but I guess you can see which beer is which. Mouthwatering isn't it?

Tomorrow is a great day for any Swedish beer nerd. First of all Systembolaget are releasing a couple beers at the three biggest stores in Sweden. Here is a list:

La Rulles Triple (75 cl) 8,4% - 69,80 SEK
BrewDog Cambridge Stone Juxtraposition Black Pilsner (33 cl) 10% - 66,00 SEK
Founders Breakfast Stout (35,5 cl) 8,3% - 54,90 SEK
Founders Centennial IPA (35,5 cl) - 7,2% 44,90 SEK
Boris the Crusher Barrel Aged (65 cl) 9,4% - 159 SEK

All of these beers are very interesting. I've heard great things about Founders but never had the chance to try them. I've also tried the normal version of Boris the Crusher and really enjoyed it, so hopefully the barrel aged version is just as good.

On the same date they are also releasing a bunch of Easter beer:


Slottskällans Blåkulla Påsköl (50 cl) 4,8% - 24,80 SEK
Dugges Påsköl (50 cl) 6% - 29,80 SEK
Easter Bird (33 cl) 5,5% - 19,90 SEK
Eriksberg Påsköl (50 cl) 5,8% - 15,50 SEK
Mikkeller Hoppy Easter (33 cl) 6,6% - 34,90 SEK
Jämtlands Påsköl (50 cl) 6% - 24,90 SEK
Mariestads Påskbryggd (50 cl) 5,8% - 17,50 SEK
Nils Oscar Kalaspåsköl (33 cl) 5,6% - 19,30 SEK
Oppigårds Easter Ale (50 cl) 5,3% - 25,60 SEK
Pumpvikens Påsköl (50 cl) 5,8% - 29,10 SEK
Sigtuna Easter Ale (50 cl) 5,6% - 26,90 SEK
Sigtuna Röd Påsk (50 cl) 6,2% - 27,90 SEK

I've tried most of these before (except those that are new for the year) and none have gotten a score above 3/5. However I plan to buy one bottle each and re-rate them. Last time I did the tasting during Easter dinner to see what beer fitted the meal best. As far as I remember Oppigårds was the winner that time. But the tasting was a bit hectic and the food might have created some odd results. So this time I plan to drink the beers without any food, hopefully I can post a summary in good time before Easter.

2 comments:

  1. Just got back from systembolaget. Managed to get 1 of each and an extra Founders Breakfast stout. Also bought another bottle of Aventinus.

    As I was going through the Easter beers I ran into Gyllenbock from 'Öl är gott, resor är kul'. Always fun to run into a fellow beer geek :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was nice to meet you. I think that I will try the Breakfast Stout later today.

    ReplyDelete