Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New beers at Systembolaget today!

For the third time this month Systembolaget release new beers. The reason this one isn't at the start of April is because of the Easter holidays. Since these beers are released into the permanent supply at Systembolaget they aren't all that exciting. For once I won't buy all of the beers released. I'll skip all the ones that have just changed packaging. I'll give some short comments below:

Adnams The Bitter - 4,5% - 50 cl - 19,90 SEK
As far as I can see this is the same beer as they have had on can before, this time released as a bottle.

Belhaven Wee Heavy - 6,5% - 35,5 cl - 17,90 SEK
If I'm not incorrect this beer has been part of the permanent supply before but now comes back in a smaller bottle.

Bjørnebryg
- 4,5% - 33cl - 7,90 SEK
Released with a lower ABV and lowered price.

BrewDog Trashy Blond - 4,1% - 33 cl - 15,90 SEK
Another BrewDog beer in the permanent supply? Have to give it to them, they are very successful in getting their beers into Systembolaget. If I'm not misstaken this beer was initially released with a very different sticker. Couldn't find a picture of it though.

Bryggmästarens Premium Guld - 5,7% - 50cl - 12,90 SEK
Just a switch from can to bottle.

Carlsberg Hof, PET-bottle - 5% - 50 cl 15,10 SEK
The same Carslberg Hof but this time in a Pet-bottle.

Früli Strawberry Beer - 4,1% - 25 cl - 14,90 SEK
A wheat beer with strawberries? I'm getting some Hoegaarden Rosé flashbacks here, but I also like different kinds of lambics. No idea if this will be something similar, but it's definitely worth a try. The ratings at Ratebeer is very spread, most of the 'big' raters gives this a 2/5.

Åbro Guldkällan - 4,8% - 50 cl - 14,50 SEK
Used to be in a can now it's released as a bottle.

Jenlain Blonde - 5,9% - 33 cl - 12,90 SEK
It sounds like an interesting Belgian blonde but it's a pale lager from France. I don't have high hopes but I will try it out.

Lager No 1 - 4,7% - 50 cl - 24,90 SEK
I tried this beer at SMÖF and really liked it. One of the better lagers I've tried, it's going to be interesting to see what I think about it this time.

Mikkeller Jackie Brown - 6% - 50 cl - 34,90 SEK
A brown ale from Mikkeller? Sure why not, I'm definitely trying it out. Nice score at Ratebeer as well putting it at the 95th percentile.

Mohawk Extra India Pale Ale
- 7,5% - 50 cl - 36,10 SEK
This is probably the beer I'm most interested in trying out. I thought the regular Mohawk IPA was pretty good, interesting to see Rye in a beer. But this is a more hopped up version of that beer, which sounds very intriguing.

Pripps Blå - 5,2% - 33 cl - 10,50 SEK
Not sure what this is, probably new packaging.

S:t Eriks Pilsner - 5,3% - 33 cl - 15,90 SEK
This beer is an old brand that is re-released with Jessica Heidrich as head brewer. I haven't tried her Angels Share beer but I tried plenty of homemade beer from her and they are always of high quality. Nice bottle as well.

Sailor
, PET-flaska - 5% - 33 cl - 12,90 SEK
This bottle looks like an old sailors tattoo. According to the press release it's a meeting between the Caribbean and the Swedish Archipelago.

TT Green Lager - 4,5% - 33 cl - 8,90 SEK
An ecological version of the normal TT lager. I got a can at home so will buy a normal TT and see if there is any difference.

A picture of the beers and 1 cider that Galatea released:

No comments:

Post a Comment